Monday, November 25, 2013

The Doctors Prescription

Well I've done it again I've added a new challenge to the year abroad. People I think I've lost my mind with this one. Even more than when I decided to self teach the fiddle, or decided to read the Hobbit auf Deutsch. I've agreed to get into physical shape, those that know me may be a little shocked and asking "what made you do that?" Well I want to run a race, not just any race tho... Oh no the toughest challenge on earth race.


I'll give you guys a quick run down of what it is, 10-12 mile long track with military style obstacles in your way. Guaranteed to get wet, cold, muddy, sore and electroshock therapy. Yes electroshock therapy, 10,000 volts of random shocks throughout the course. here are the specs for this specific obstacle http://toughmudder.com/obstacles/electroshock-therapy/. There are tons of other fun ones that you can see as well. The hope is that I can get in well enough shape to run one here in Germany, and if not when I get back to the states build a team and do the VA one. 

I should also mention that it helps fund the Wounded Warrior Project. I know that not everyone supports these organizations, but I do. I may not agree with the war but I will always care for the hero's we send over there. If I can fund a project to help the fallen and injured by subjecting myself to a little pain and work, it will be worth it in the end. Not to mention getting Myself into shape. Just watch one of the run footages from the site. 

So how will I prepare, I plan to start running. Bri agreed to be my running partner and we are suppose to start today. I have a basic exercise routine from the website to work with as well. I'm going to start there and see what I can Handel, I've mapped out a 6 km jogging route, If I can run that I can complete 1/3 of the race from the beginning. I WANT THAT ORANGE HEADBAND!!!!

Sunday was a nice relaxing day, I was invited to join the Engelhardt's (Bri's Host family) for a trip to tecklenburg. It was a little colder than the last time I was there and we didn't end up doing any rock climbing this time. 
A wee bit nebly

a German Weather Station






Dinner in a wonderful Cafe




Monday I made yet another trip to the dentist, it was suppose to be the last. Unfortunately the 3rd root on the tooth is still infected so a stronger medicine went in and I have to wait until January to get the filling finished. 

As I walked around Muenster I noticed a lot of construction. Just little villages of huts and Christmas lights. Hey the Christmas markets are being set up. They're not opening until the 25th but It was cool to see them setting up. 


Otherwise Monday consisted of uploading pictures to facebook, so a pretty laid back day. 

Tuesday was back to Math class in the evening, I'm not sure why I enjoy this class so much. I'm still teaching a course in terms I don't actually know, and symbols are very different. But I enjoy working with this group, even If I usually work with the trouble makers. they all understand it perfectly, they just get bored. 
Math Book

Class

Timo and Borus
The class clowns, really good kids. And both are great in math. 

Frau Weber helping a student (she behaves so I don'Went know her name)

Its a sad truth, that the students in my classes that behave are completely unknown to me. I haven't had enough interaction with them, or heard them getting scolded enough that I have learned it. Theres a girl in the FK9 class who says hello and how are you every morning, no idea what her name is... I should figure it out. 

Wednesday evening I headed down to the University for a Meet 2 Speak event. They where having an International Buffet. I was of course interested to see what everyone would make, but more importantly I would get to meet my new tandem partners. Yup im actually getting 3 out of this deal. 2 Germans and a British guy. They have been working as a group so I'm just joining. 

After talking with them the entire evening, well the best way is to let rick explain it...

Annika and Johanna (left to right) 

Gwen the British guy couldn't make it that night so I have to wait until next week to meet him. At the beginning of the evening they through us a fastball and told us that they would be judging our dishes and giving prizes for the best dishes. Interesting I thought, and of course I had no idea in my mind that people would enjoy my dish, well not enough to give me a prize. 

My new calendar/journal. 

I use to keep a journal when I was younger and wouldn't mind getting back into it. This book may help, 365 blank pages. I just have to remember to wright a little every day. Maybe I'll give the book a theme but I don't plan to start till January. 

A funny thing has been occurring here I keep ending up in medical offices. Two days this week I had to visit the doctors office. Nothings wrong I just needed a physical for me to proceed with applying with the police. I realized as I sat there waiting for the blood work, I've been to a medical office, Doctor and Dentist, more the last month than I had for the previous 5 years. Aue I can't wait to be done. 

A short update for my internship with the police I'm waiting on an appointment now. The cheif got called out to the state capitol on last Thursday and we have to reschedule.

Friday evening I was surprised to recieve a call from Yordanos another PPPler.She told me that her and a friend from Osnabruck where coming to Muenster to hit up the local bars and clubs. They where looking for good places to go, sadly after living here for 2 months I still hadn't hit up any of them. After getting some suggestions I headed to meet them.
Peter, Yordanos, Bri

Finally got to a german club, and it wasn't bad. Not Good, Not Bad, Just Different. Still not sure what I think on it, not exactly my style but It was still a good time.

Saturday = FUßBAL all evening was watching games. Along with working on a project Keep an eye out next week for a link to a gift for you, it should be ready within the next few weeks but the link will definitely be up on the 1st. It's taking a lot of thought to build this and I still have a good bit of work to do. 

Sunday ended the week with exploring the catholic service. I went to the local church with andreas and Bri. Andreas explained what was going on. I can't say I understand Catholicism, at all really. But it seems more of the religion you get what you put kind of thing.
Anyway that evening was a game night, with winter setting in it gets dark and cold early. So we need things to do to keep us entertained, boardgames do the trick. 

This coming week will be busy I have to finish making preparations for the Thanksgiving Dinner Friday. As well as for my hunting trip the same day. Along with finishing touches to my surprise. 


Hopefully at the end of the day we can say,
Alles in Ordnung,


Cody A Glick

No comments:

Post a Comment