Sunday, May 5, 2013

What does Home look like?

So I figured everyone who is following would like to see where I come from... Enjoy!

This is a picture from off "My Thinking Spot" also known as feedstone ridge. This is a wonderful place to contemplate the issues of life and death. I have spent many a days and nights sitting on a flat rock looking out over the Shenandoah Valley; marveling at its beauty, enjoying its distinct smell, just watching time pass. 

Tho you most likely do not see them, within the rolling hills stands small towns and cities. I love to go  up here and look down to see how small the problems I face really are. It is a place of peace for me  both physically, mentally and most of all spiritually.

To sit here and lightly puff on my tobacco pipe I can not help but feel relaxed and joyful. 


With any luck I will find a similar spot to sit while in Germany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment